As you know the brain is plastic, that is the way brain cells grow and are wired together changes with our experiences. Although such neuroplasticity decreases with age, it is present throughout our lives. This is why what we do on a daily basis can have a huge impact on our brain health and good mental functioning. A recent study adds to this issue by showing that playing an instrument can decrease age-related hearing loss. Continue reading
Top 15 posts
- Stress and Memory: What's the Relationship?
- Does Brain Training Work?
- Meditation can Change your Brain
- How Memory Works
- Know Your Brain to Train It Well
- Exercise to Protect your Brain from Silent Strokes
- Playing Music Trains The Brain
- Can the Brain be Trained to Better Multitask?
- The Mediterranean Diet Lowers Risks of Cognitive Decline
- The Difference between Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Tips For Remembering
- Stay Physically Fit to Delay Brain Aging
- Stimulating Mental Activities Decrease Risks of Dementia
- What is Mild Cognitive Impairment?
- Healthy Food for a Better Brain