What is the function of sleep? Researchers have shown that memories are replayed and even enhanced as we sleep. In other words, sleeps aids memory consolidation. But how does that work?
One explanation is based on the oscillations in electrical activity that occur naturally during different sleep phases throughout the night. Continue reading
Top 15 posts
- Stress and Memory: What's the Relationship?
- Does Brain Training Work?
- Meditation can Change your Brain
- How Memory Works
- Know Your Brain to Train It Well
- Exercise to Protect your Brain from Silent Strokes
- Playing Music Trains The Brain
- Can the Brain be Trained to Better Multitask?
- The Mediterranean Diet Lowers Risks of Cognitive Decline
- The Difference between Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Tips For Remembering
- Stay Physically Fit to Delay Brain Aging
- Stimulating Mental Activities Decrease Risks of Dementia
- What is Mild Cognitive Impairment?
- Healthy Food for a Better Brain